To Breathe
Means To Live

The Big Power Story

What is the Big Power?

How Does It Work?


 


 


 

Allergies and Asthma

The Big Power® offers the ability to remove dust mites which are known to be the cause of 50% of asthmatic diseases in the United States.

Asthma is a disease of the airways in your lungs where inflammation and overreaction to many common Stimuli occurs. People with Asthma may have attacks of difficult breathing that can be mild, moderate, severe and possibly life threatening. Over 26 million Americans have been diagnosed with Asthma in their lifetime and over 8.6 million children, under the age of 18, have been diagnosed with Asthma. Over 5,000 people die from Asthma each year.

Symptoms often include coughing, wheezing or a whistling noise when breathing, a feeling of pressure or tightness in your chest, and shortness of breath. Symptom free periods may often alternate. Asthma that begins early in life, or at childhood, is often caused by heredity. Asthma that develops later in life is triggered by allergens that can include viral infections of the respiratory tract, air pollution, occupational exposure to chemicals, metals, food, or vegetable dusts, drugs, foods, food additives or preservatives, exercise in cold air, or emotional stress and worsens through life.

There is no cure for asthma. There are two types of treatment, 1 long term for control, 1 short turn to alleviate the attacks. The best way overall to help prevent asthma attacks is to stay away from things that make your asthma worse, these are called triggers. And triggers can range from tobacco smoke to dust mites and even outdoor pollen or molds. Triggers for most people are deferent so it is good to know what your triggers are.


Over 2 million Americans are affected by Emphysema, most of which are older people. Within those people 95 percent of them are over the age of 45. Men make up 55 percent of the people with Emphysema and women are the remaining 45 percent, the rate of emphysema among women is steadily increasing.

One of the primary symptoms of Emphysema is shortness of breath. In the early stages of Emphysema shortness of breath occurs during exercise or when the person exerts themselves during everyday activities. The symptoms of Emphysema come on gradually and in the later stages shortness of breath is experience at most times, including even at rest. Emphysema is often accompanied by chronic bronchitis which causes the excess mucus production and coughing.


COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) is the fourth leading cause of death in the United States, falling behind heart disease, cancer, and stroke. Based on the National Health Interview Survey conducted in 1996 over 16 million Americans have COPD. Among the Americans with COPD over 14 million have primarily chronic bronchitis and the other 2 million primarily have Emphysema.

To some degree most people with COPD have symptoms of both chronic bronchitis and Emphysema. The primary symptoms of COPD are extreme coughing with phlegm in the morning, initially shortness of breath during strong exertion and as it progresses shortness of breath occurs during mild activities or at rest.


Article written by Kyle Poulter





 

Home |
Breathing Problems | Allergies | Biolgical Pollutants
Air Purification | Testimonials | Customer Suport
Login

Copyright © 2010 Big Power of America. All rights reserved.